WHY HAVE A CHILD-SAFE POLICY?
There are several reasons such as:
specific Policy standards and requirements.
practices to be adopted by religious organizations.
families about their safeguards and Policy.
bring praise to God.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE IN OUR LOCAL CHURCH?
Everyone can play a part in keeping the Church a safe place for children and young people. Supporting the Code of Conduct and the Screening of all volunteers for children/youth is something everyone can do. Everyone can also look out for the wellbeing and safety of children around the Church, and report concerns to team leaders or someone in authority such as an elder.
The Church Board has also authorized a Safe-Place Coordinator to assist the Church implement the Policy.
Our North Fitzroy Safe – Place Coordinator is Del Groves
WHAT DOES THE”CHILD-SAFE ENVIRONMENTS “ POLICY COVER?
The Child-Safe Environments policy helps the Local Church uphold and fulfill its duty of care towards children, families and volunteers.
The Child-Safe Policy covers the following areas, ensuring that the Church complies with legislation and established principles of good practice:
1. Responding to abuse and neglect when it occurs within the Church.
2. Screening and appointment procedures for volunteers working with children and young people. .
3. A code of conduct for everyone to follow.
4. Including risk management in the planning of safe programs for children/young people.
5. Guidelines for responding to allegations or complaints about the Sexual Abuse or Assault of children and young people within the Church.
6. Using Safety Agreements to manage risks in certain situations.
7. The various roles of the Church Board, local Church Safe-Place Coordinator, and the Conference Safe Place Committee.
8. The role of the Union’s National Child-safe Register.
OUR COMMITMENT AS A CHURCH IS TO …